These cute and easy Paper Plate Monsters are a perfect Halloween (or anytime!) kids craft. Kids will love creating their own monsters to decorate for Halloween. All you need are some paper plates, googly eyes, glue and paint. You — and your kids — can get as creative as you like! Add pipe cleaner hands or feathers for hair. This is a great craft for the classroom too, so if you know any teachers, be sure to share this with them!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
What do you need to make a Paper Plate Monster?
- Paper plates
- Paint brushes
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
How do you make a Paper Plate Monster?
- Cut a hole out of the center of a paper plate. This will create a big open “mouth” for the monster. Take this time to cut out any teeth, ears or other monster accessories that you think will be fun.
- Then paint the paper circle. Have the kids go wild with colour choices and designs!
- Paint any horns, ears or accessories.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
- Glue on the teeth, horns and other monster accessories.
- Hang them on the wall or mantel and enjoy!!
Easy to follow photo tutorial!
First, cut a hole out of the center of a paper plate. This will create a big open “mouth” for the monster. Take this time to cut out any teeth, ears, horns or other monster parts that you think will be fun, for example, one of our little ones decided to put some hearts on the ends of pipe cleaners to create antennas.
Then paint the paper circle. Have the kids go wild with colour choices and designs!
Add any fun details with the paint. One of our kids decided to add fingerprint “spots” onto their monster.
Paint any horns, ears or accessories. Set all painted pieces, including the monster, aside to dry completely.
Glue on the eyes. We suggest using a hot glue gun (with adult supervision). If you have very young children you can use kids-safe glue, but remember to set it aside to dry completely.
Once all paint has dried, glue on any arms, horns and teeth.
We hope you loved this Paper Plate Monster easy kid’s craft! If you’re looking for more Halloween crafts or recipes, check out our other Halloween DIY ideas.
More Halloween Crafts and DIY
- Easy Creepy Spider Planter
- Countdown to Halloween Blocks
- Simple DIY Cork Pumpkin
- Easy Macrame Pumpkin Cover