Even though we aren’t getting together like we have in the past (Thanks Covid) doesn’t mean we can’t bake! This festive and fun Grinch Mini Cheesecake Recipe is surprisingly easy to make and look oh so cute. This is a social media must share dessert!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
Before you start…you may want to make a double batch of these mini Christmas cheesecakes because they won’t last long…no matter how many people there are in your family!
What do you need to make these cute desserts?
This recipe is made using a regular 12 cup muffin pan, the ones you make cupcakes in. That’s part of the ease with this recipe, we all have muffin tins and it will make delicious individual sized cheesecakes. You’ll also need some cupcake liners, they will be removed before serving.
You can make this dessert recipe in advance easily too. Just keep the cheesecakes in the refrigerator and add the cute strawberry hats just before serving.
How to make Festive and Fun Grinch Mini Cheesecakes
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together in a small bowl.
Spoon a small amount of the graham base mixture (about 1 tablespoon) into the 12 cup muffin tin, lined with cupcake liners. Be sure to press the base down firmly in each cup.
Bake for 5 min.
Secondly, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla, sour cream, heavy cream one at a time, and green food colouring in a medium bowl until blended.
Divide the cheesecake filling mixture between each of the 12 graham bases, using a spoon. Bake for about 15-20 min. Allow them to cool.
*Baking tip* place the cooled cheesecakes in the refrigerator to chill overnight. This will allow the cheesecakes to completely set and firm, making them easier to eat and decorate!
Next, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
Cut the bottoms and tops of the strawberries off, making flat surfaces on each end.
Carefully remove the cheesecakes from the liners. Top them with some whipped cream, and a strawberry.
We hope you loved this festive and fun Grinch Mini Cheesecake Recipe! If you’re looking for more Christmas recipes certainly check out our delicious Natural Peanut Butter Snowballs.
Festive Strawberry Grinch Mini Cheesecakes
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 12 muffin liners
For the crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
For the cheesecakes
- 16 oz cream cheese softened to room temp.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour all purpose
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 drops food colouring gel
For the tops
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 12 strawberries both ends cut flat
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place paper muffin liners into the muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crumbs with melted butter and sugar.
- Evenly divide mixture among the 12 muffin cups, press the mixture down firmly. Bake for 5min, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream one at a time until smooth. Add in about 8 drops of green food colouring (amount may vary), the mixture should be "Grinch" green!
- Using a medium spoon, pour the mixture evenly over crusts (one heaping spoonful)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until just set in the middles.
- Allow cheesecakes to cool in the tins until they reach room temperature. Then transfer them to the refrigerator to chill overnight, or until chilled through (about 12 hours)
- In a medium bowl, beat the powdered sugar and heavy cream together until stiff peaks form. Place it in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Cut the strawberries on both end to create flat ends
- Carefully remove the cheesecakes from the liners. Place them on a serving dish, top with whipped cream and strawberries! Create the Grinch's hat by adding a whipped cream pom pom on the top of the strawberries.