We can’t wait to show you this fun painting craft for kids to make this Christmas! Using our FREE template, this craft is easy for all age groups. A great classroom art project for teachers, this Reindeer Fun Kid’s Craft can make a great parent gift! So grab your paints — or your fingers! — and get painting.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
This craft is simple and oh-so cute! Watch your little ones light up when they see their artwork on the wall or mantel this Christmas. Use one colour or many, you could even add glitter! Adult supervision and help are needed for this craft as we recommend using a crafter knife to trim the painter’s tape (see below for details!)
What do you need to make a Reindeer Fun! Kids Craft
- Painters tape
- FREE template
- Crafting knife
- Black paint pen or permanent marker
- Sequins and/or glitter (optional)
How to make Reindeer Fun! Kids Craft!
- Print and cut out our FREE template
- Trace the reindeer head onto the canvas
- Cover the traced outline with painter’s tape
- Using a crafter’s knife, carefully cut away the excess tape
- Paint! Use a brush or finger paint!
- Set the painting aside to dry completely. Then peel the tape away
- outline and colour the eyes using a black paint pen or thick permanent marker
- Add sequins or glitter using all-purpose glue.
Easy to follow photo tutorial!
Print and cut out our free reindeer template. Be sure to cut the nose and the eyes out as well. Then center the reindeer in the middle of the canvas —Trace around the head, eyes and nose with a pencil. Don’t press too hard!
Cover the traced drawing with painter’s tape.
Using a crafter’s knife, carefully cut away the excess tape so you’re left with a painter’s tape reindeer face.
To make the nose the same colour as the background, cut the nose out as well. Leave the eyes.
Then paint! Have your little one use a paintbrush — or finger paint! — around the canvas. Use different colours or the same. Glitter paint of confetti paint is a great addition to this project!
Set the painting aside to dry completely.
Once dry, carefully peel the painter’s tape away from the canvas.
Next, outline and colour the eyes using a black paint pen or thick permanent marker.
Optional: Add sequins or glitter using all-purpose glue.
Watch your little one smile as you hang your Reindeer Fun! Kid’s Craft up to be admired!
We hope you love this Reindeer Fun Kid’s Craft as much as we do! If you’re looking for other Christmas crafts, DIY and recipes, certainly check out our other ideas!
More Christmas Crafts for Kids to Make:
- Christmas Handprint Art for Kids — perfect for Baby’s 1st Christmas!
- DIY Candy Cane Wreath
- Popsicle Stick Bucket List — Christmas activities!
- Over 25 Christmas Crafts for Kids
- How to Make Ice Globes — Christmas lights in the snow!
Christmas DIY and Decor:
- Personalized Outdoor Christmas Sign Post
- 2-Step DIY Coastal Christmas Starfish
- Retro Christmas Photos Transfer Decorations
- Christmas Silhouette Decorations with FREE printable!
- Champagne Cocktail with Pink Whitney
- Natural Peanut Butter Snowballs
- Grinch Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Polar Bear Martini