There’s a local distillery in Edmonton called Hansen Distillery that makes a super tasty brew called Northern Eyes Whisky. We’re loving the savoury, spicy flavour with notes of dark caramel, mild vanilla, black pepper, and caramelized banana. And, it happens to go perfectly with the smoky salty flavor of bacon! Put them together and this power combination takes your everyday chocolate chunk cookies from ordinary to extraordinary. Let us introduce you to Whiskey Bacon Chocolate Cookies…
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
Another fabulous aspect of this cookie is that most men we know LOVE bacon. Which makes this cookie recipe a perfect treat for Father’s Day! We weren’t exactly sure how they were going to turn out – but we were surprised about how awesomely the crispy saltiness goes with the sweetness of the dark chocolate. This is 100% a recipe you have try – so let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Bacon fat
- Brown sugar
- Dark chocolate chunks
Let’s Get Baking Some Whiskey Bacon Chocolate Cookies
In a large bowl, combine sugars, salt, butter and bacon fat,
And then whisk in egg, vanilla and whiskey.
Sift in flour and baking soda. Fold dry ingredients in, but be careful not to overmix.
Mix in chocolate chunks and bacon pieces.
Chill the dough for about 30 minutes and then bake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper for 10-12 minutes.
Let the baked cookies sit on the warm baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Whiskey Bacon Chocolate Cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 4 Stripes of bacon
- 1 ½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Unsalted butter Melted
- ¼ cup Bacon fat
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Whiskey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 oz Dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat over to 350°
- Cook the bacon, saving the bacon fat in a glass measuring cup. Cut the cooked bacon into pieces small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, slat, melted butter and bacon fat.
- Whisk in the egg, vanilla and whiskey.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda. Fold into the mixture but be careful not to overmix.
- Add the chocolate chunks and bacon pieces.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes if possible. The cookies can be baked right away if needed, but chilling allows the flavours to fully develop.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of dough, shaped into balls, onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies rest on the warm baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack.
We hope you and your Dad love sharing a delicious Whiskey Bacon Chocolate Cookies as much as we do! If you’re looking for some Father’s Day crafts, be sure to check out our Father’s Day BBQ Apron with Free Printable and our Easy Garden Markers Kids Craft!