Baked Feta Cheese Appetizer
For summer long weekends, feta is the ultimate cheese. It conjures images of the Greek Islands and sun baked terraces over looking the sea. Bake some with honey and dates and you’ve got an easy appetizer, the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Finish this baked feta cheese appetizer with some pita chips and your guests are sure to be impressed. Hosting a long weekend BBQ? Try adding our Perfectly Peach Moscato to the menu, it’s a fabulous cocktail for hot summer days.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
What do you need to make a Baked Feta Cheese Appetizer?
- 8 oz block of Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 6 Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup Pecan pieces
- Black Pepper
- Pita Chips
First, preheat oven to 400 degrees
Set the feta into a baking dish and then drizzle the olive oil over the cheese and then place in the oven for 8 minutes.
Remove the cheese the oven and then set the oven to broil. Halve the dates and then arrange them around the feta in the dish.
Drizzle the honey over the feta.
After that, sprinkle the pecans around the dish. Place back into the oven and broil the feta for 5 minutes, watch closely so it doesn’t burn.
Finally, garnish with the black pepper, serve warm and don’t forget the pita chips!!
Hope you and your guests enjoy our feta cheese appetizer, happy cooking! Looking for another delicious recipe? Certainly try our Bubbly Maple Apple Cocktail, another cocktail that’s perfect for entertaining!
Baked Mediterranean Inspired Feta Cheese Appetizer
- 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp honey
- 6 dates pitted
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- pita chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place feta in a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Set in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove feta from the oven and set it to broil.
- Half the dates and arrange them around the cheese in the dish.
- Drizzle the honey over top and sprinkle the pecans into the dish.
- Broil the feta for about 5 minutes (keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn).
- Garnish with black pepper to preference and serve hot with some pita chips.