These fun rainbow desserts are not only delicious but very easy to make! You may want to double the recipe too because these St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Truffles won’t last long, make a batch for a crowd or keep them for just you!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
What ingredients do you need to make a fun St. Patrick’s Day Recipe?
- 36 Golden Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- Gel food colouring in the colours of a rainbow (red, yellow, blue, green, purple)
- White chocolate melts
- Dark chocolate melts
- Rainbow sprinkles
How do you make St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Truffles?
This recipe is so easy to make, only requires a few ingredients and it’s no-bake! You will need a food processor and a microwave to make this dessert. Simply put the golden Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse them until they are crumbs (don’t remove the cream). Then, in a separate bowl, add the softened cream cheese and mix until smooth. Next, divide the mixture into 5 equal parts and add a different colour of food colouring to each. Blend until the colour is solid. Keep reading for the final touches!
Firstly place thirty six whole Oreo cookies into a food processor (the whole cookie). Pulse the cookies until they become fine crumbs.
Secondly, place the crumbs into a medium mixing bowl and add the softened cream cheese, mix with a hand mixer until well blended. Next, divide the mixture into equal parts and add in two-three drops of food colouring to each part. Blend with a spatula.
On a piece of parchment paper, roll each ball into a log and stack them on top of one another. Roll the rainbow log in the parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 5 min.
Remove from the fridge and scoop the mixture into balls, a tablespoon works great for this! Roll the mixture into a ball shape and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue until all of the mixture is used.
Place the rolled balls into the freezer for 15min.
While the rainbow balls are chilling, melt the white and dark chocolate (in separate bowls) in the microwave. Melting times may vary, be sure to follow the melting instructions on the chocolate you have.
Once the Oreo balls have chilled, remove them from the freezer. Using a fork, dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Top with the sprinkles immediately as the chocolate will dry quickly! Set them aside to set completely.
Viola! A FUN and EASY St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Idea!
We hope you loved this St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Truffles Recipe as much as we do! So easy and delicious…we recommend doubling this recipe because they won’t last long! Looking for some decor or crafts for St. Patrick’s Day? Certainly check out our Rustic Luck Sign, perfect for the mantel or on the wall!
St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Truffles
- Food processor
- 36 golden Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2-3 drops food colouring in red, yellow, green, blue, purple gel
- 16 oz white chocolate
- 16 oz dark chocolate
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put 36 Oreos into a food processor. Use the whole cookie, do not remove the cream filling. Pulse the cookies until they become fine crumbs.
- Place crumbs into a mediums sized mixing bowl. Add the softened cream cheese and blend until mixed.
- Separate the mixture into five balls. Add one colour of gel food colouring to each ball and mix with a spatula.
- Roll each ball into a log and place on parchment paper. Add the logs on top of one another until all colours are added. Roll the parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 5 min.
- Remove from the fridge and unroll. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and form 1 inch balls. Continue until all of the dough has been used. Place the rainbow Oreo balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the desserts are chilling, melt the white and dark chocolate (separately) according to directions on package.
- Take the Oreo balls out of the freezer and dip them into the melted chocolate using a spoon. Coat each ball completely with chocolate and return to the baking sheet.
- The chocolate will dry quickly so sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles immediately, then allow chocolate to set.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.