Easter is right around the corner, the kids are getting excited, perfect time for a fun and easy Easter kids craft! This craft is great for all ages, works for the classroom or at home. This Pop Up Paper Plate Chick Kids Craft is easy to make and only requires a few materials, that can be found at the dollar store. Kids will love to create this cute chick and enjoy making it pop-up from it’s egg!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
What do you need to make a Pop Up Paper Plate Chick Kids Craft?
- Coffee mug (to trace the chick’s head)
- Yellow construction paper
- Small piece of orange construction paper
- Yellow feathers
- Paper straw
- Two paper plates
- All purpose glue
- Black marker for the eyes
- Easter “filler” for inside the paper plate egg
How do you make a Pop Up Paper Plate Chick Kids Craft for Easter?
- Trace half of a coffee mug onto the yellow construction paper, cut this out for the chick’s head
- Draw two wings onto the yellow construction paper and cut them out
- Draw and cut out a small triangle beak
- Glue the wings and beak to the half circle shaped head
- Draw some eyes, using a black marker or paint pen
- On the back of the head, glue some feathers on the top and the paper straw on the bottom, set aside to dry
- Cut one of the paper plates in half, with a cracked egg appearance
- Glue the two plates together, but be sure not to glue the bottom of the plates (see our video for a tutorial!). Allow the glue to dry.
- Finally, put the chick into it’s egg!! Use the paper straw to move it up and down
Firstly, use a coffee mug to create a half circle for the chick’s head. Then, draw two smaller half circles for the wings. Cut them all out. Using the orange construction paper cut out a small triangle beak. Next, glue them all together, see the picture below for an example. Set them aside to dry.
Next, turn it around and glue some feathers on the top and the paper straw on the bottom. Once again, set them aside to dry. Then draw the chick’s eyes in with a dark marker. Googly eyes or stickers will also work great!
Cute and Easy Pop Up Paper Plate Chick Kids Craft
Now for the egg! Cut one of the paper plates in half, using a zigzag pattern. Glue the plates together by placing one on top of the other. Remember to leave the bottom of the plates without glue so the paper straw will fit in (see our tutorial video above!)
Once the paper plates are dry, add some optional filler inside of the egg.
Finally, put the chick inside the egg, wiggle it around and watch the chick pop-up from it’s egg!
We hope you loved this Pop Up Paper Plate Chick Kids Craft as much as we do! If you’re looking for more Easter fun, certainly check out our Cute Easter Handprint and Footprint Characters or our Pretty Pastel Mini Egg Easter Egg Topiary.