Who doesn’t like cheesecake? Today we want to share the perfect Fourth of July dessert recipe. This cheesecake has a little bit of a twist to it though because it’s made with tofu! It looks and tastes like a regular cheesecake, but packs in protein in a healthy way. Dress it with red and blue berries to make it a festive Fourth of July cheesecake!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean? We may get a small commission if you make a purchase using our links, which helps us to keep posting new holiday content every week.
We used an artificial sweetener for this recipe but you don’t have to do the same. There were two reasons we swapped sugar for sweetener – we wanted to create a guilt free cheesecake experience and try to make it a little more diabetic friendly (for our sweet Mom) than a regular cheesecake.
Don’t worry about the texture of the tofu in this recipe, remarkably, the texture stays the same as a regular cheesecake from the very start. Once mixed, the cheesecake it pours easily into the shell and comes out light and creamy.
4th of July Red White and Blue Tofu and Berry Cheesecake
We love this recipe because not only does it taste great, it’s easy to make with only a few steps. Firstly, create the crust by mixing graham crumbs and melted butter (yum!). Next, put the filling ingredients into the blender and blend completely. Lastly, place it in the oven to bake. Decorate with festive fruits and berries and your set.
What do you think of our 4th of July Red White and Blue Tofu and Berry Cheesecake? Looking for some July 4th decor ideas? Certainly check out our Fourth of July Decoration Candles or our Fourth of July Favour Boxes.
Red, White and Blue Tofu and Berry Cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese package, softened
- 1/2 cup artificial sweetener
- 2 egg whites
- 8 oz soft tofu
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs with melted butter, see box for instructions
- 3/4 cup Fresh strawberries sliced
- 3/4 cup Fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup Fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Prepare the graham crumb crust by following the directions on the box.
- Press into a pie pan and set aside.
- To a blender, add the cream cheese, tofu, sugar, artificial sweetener, and egg whites. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Allow the cake to cool before garnishing with your berries and/or fruit.